Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The green monster is coming along

Today i attached the body and arms. The next thing to do now is to make a foam-body and some hands. The neck is a bit too wide, in my opinion. I'll remember that for the next puppet.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Green monster part II

A little progress today. I made the mouthplates with a budget-handhugger, made a necksleeve and trimmed down the excess furr on the face. I really like the look of the trimmed furr. Next move now is to design a body. I haven't done any designs on this puppet before i started. I thought i'd develop the puppet as i go along, and see what happens. I'm not really good at drawing so designing on the go works better for me. I really look forward to build the charachter of this puppet with facial features.
To be continued...

Cheapo handhugger

I tried to make a very cheap version of the handhugger for the green puppet i am working on now. It's made from duct-tape and foam. Very easy construction. If you want to make one of your own you should be able to figure it out by looking at my picture. I have attached it to the puppet and it actually works really well and fits right in the hand. The moutplate is made from craft-foam sheets. It's really sturdy and holds up well.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Oh, these money issues...

I was going to finish the green little fella a few weeks ago, then suddenly financial issues put a stop to that. Gaah, i'm frustrated. Anyway, i think i can go and buy the materials i need this week to finish it. For those of you waiting for the finished puppet to show up here, please be patient. Soon, my friends, soon ;)

There's a new blog in town;
I don't know much about it, but i did get an email from Pasha at Looks like it can become an interesting site with puppetry news, rescourses etc.